Friday, September 24, 2010

Salman’s dancing in Dabangg

People talk of Hritik’s dancing. And yes he is a very good dancer. But i find it not too interesting after a point. What I find much more engaging is Salman’s dancing in Dabangg. Be it Tere Mast Mast do Nain, or Mujhe Peeni Hai Peni Hai, or Dabanng Dabang or Munni Badnam,his dance moves are a PART OF HIS DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE and not just stand-alone dance moves. In fact his dancing to the crazy caller tune is in itself capable of bringing the house down. Now that’s what I call using dancing to outline your character and to make it a part of the narrative. I thought Salman has really outdone himself in this film. I did npt think he was capable of such a well-thought out, intelligent and thoroughly consistent performance without lapse of concentration. I mean a I am a big fan of his performances i HAHK, Andaz Apna Apna, KKHH and Saajan. But in all these he was more instinctive. He did not really have to stretch himself. But Dabangg is really a class act. An Amar Akbar Anthony level of comedic performance of our times and desrves a Filmfare Award in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment